Author Topic: Gens Ace sale!  (Read 4602 times)

Offline EricJ320

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (4)
Gens Ace sale!
« on: May 23, 2011, 11:23:50 AM »
I just got an email notice from Hobbypartz that they have select Gens Ace batteries on sale through the end of the month.  They often have some of their packs on sale, but this seems to include most of their flight packs.  Some have very little off, others have a significant amount off.  A few examples, a 2S 1000 25C for $4.85, a 3S 2200 25C for $16.70, and a 4S 4000 25C for $46.64, just to name a few.

Remember, orders over $25 get free shipping. 

Don't miss out on this opportunity to get these great packs at an even better deal!

http://www.hobbypartz.com/rcbatterysales.html
Eric
Airtroncis 2.4Ghz FHSS

Offline Valkyrie_1520

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (11)
  • Sit back, relax and smell the nitro..
    • Volunteer Aeromodelers
Re: Gens Ace sale!
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2011, 10:01:23 AM »
On your recommendation, I have ordered (2) 6S Gens Ace lipo's for a new 500 size heli. The price was very reasonable and the free shipping was a bonus.

Thanks for the heads up.
Tim

President - Volunteer Aeromodelers
DX18  AMA#9335
RC Heli Nation - Citizen # 606

Offline tnarchitect

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2011, 07:20:50 PM »
What connectors are you guys using on your 6s packs?  Are you swapping them for something other than standard?

Offline Valkyrie_1520

• Administrator
    • Volunteer Aeromodelers
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2011, 07:03:43 AM »
I'm using Deans on mine because I bought about 100 pairs when they were on sale a few years ago. The Gens Ace batteries all come with the the EC3 connectors (or at least all of mine did!).
Tim

DX18  AMA#9335

Offline tnarchitect

« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2011, 08:59:55 AM »
I bought 10 pairs of a hxt's that look exactly like the ec3's that I am gong to use.  I HATE soldering the deans!

http://www.magnumrcmodels.com/

Offline EricJ320

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2011, 09:14:45 AM »
Just to be clear Tim, assuming yours came with what all of mine have, the red 4.0mm bullets, they aren't exactly EC3's.  EC3's are actually 3.5mm bullets, the housing has round on one and a D shape on the other, one side of the housing is distinctly male while the other is female, and both bullets in each connector are of like gender.  These connectors HP is putting on the GA batteries is what some people call the HXT 4.0mm bullet.  Again, 4.0mm bullets instead of 3.5mm, each connector has a male and a female bullet in it, as well as the housing have a male and a female side. 

Incidentally, if you don't like the 4.0mm bullets and decide to remove them, they are perfectly interchangeable with "banana" connectors, and make good parts for making high amp charge harnesses and such, since most chargers use banana plugs as their output source.

I just wanted to make sure people knew exactly what these packs come with, and not somehow think they will be compatible with Eflite's EC3 connector, even though they are somewhat similar, they aren't interchangeable.  If yours did come with an actual EC3, than that's news to me, as I've not heard or read anything about them switching connectors.
Eric
Airtroncis 2.4Ghz FHSS

Offline Valkyrie_1520

• Administrator
    • Volunteer Aeromodelers
« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2011, 09:19:00 AM »
Ah, ok... Cool. I'm somewhat ignorant on the new connectors as I don't really keep up with the electric stuff.  ;)
Tim

DX18  AMA#9335

Offline EricJ320

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2011, 09:26:25 AM »
Probably about as ignorant as I was when I won the gallon of nitro for my model of the month! (being the only one helped!  :P )

When I said I don't fly anything but electric, someone said "you can sell it", with a dumbfounded look on my face, I was somewhat embarrassed that I didn't even have a clue how much a gallon of nitro costs!  ??? :dontknow   

Brian, btw, checkout the "Jigs Up", http://thejigsup.net/, I don't have one yet, but people rave about it.  I've had my eye on it, just haven't pulled the trigger yet.
Eric
Airtroncis 2.4Ghz FHSS

Offline tnarchitect

« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2011, 08:01:18 PM »
I found some that "looked like" what I needed.  Apparently Hobby City ships with them on the higher cell count batteries.  I'm paralleling 2 6s packs to make 12s so I need high current carrying adaptors. 

I have looked at the Jig is up, but I made my own set of extra hands by cutting off one side of two wooden clothes pins.  I then fasten the long end into a vise then use the clamps to hold the item to be soldered.

Has worked so far for pretty much everything.

Brian

Offline Valkyrie_1520

• Administrator
    • Volunteer Aeromodelers
« Reply #9 on: June 14, 2011, 10:19:06 PM »
hmmmm.... 12S...... I can't wait to see that!!!! :notworthy
Tim

DX18  AMA#9335

Offline EricJ320

• Global Moderator
« Reply #10 on: June 14, 2011, 11:32:02 PM »
Apparently Hobby City ships with them on the higher cell count batteries.

I think it's more about the capacity than cell count, or maybe both.  I got a few Turnigy 2S 5000's for my son's truck last year that came with these red 4.0mm bullets rather than the HXT yellow connectors.  I don't know at what level they switch though.

The Gens Ace packs from Hobbypartz all come with the red 4.0mm connectors, except the small ones that are listed as having JST connectors.
Eric
Airtroncis 2.4Ghz FHSS

Offline tnarchitect

« Reply #11 on: June 15, 2011, 09:08:25 AM »
I'm just dreading the spark from plugging them in....

Offline EricJ320

• Global Moderator
« Reply #12 on: June 15, 2011, 12:53:50 PM »
A clever, and rather easy, way to avoid the spark.

http://scriptasylum.com/rc_speed/nospark.html
Eric
Airtroncis 2.4Ghz FHSS