Author Topic: how to bind a tx to the rx  (Read 4045 times)

Offline ARMY1278

• Trade Count: (0)
how to bind a tx to the rx
« on: May 25, 2010, 11:03:45 AM »
hey guys
i need help i just got my f-15 and i need to bind the tx to the rx can anyone help i ended up useing a 72mhz tx and rx i had the plane fly's awsome but would like to use the 2.4ghz that came with it
thanks
army1278

Offline skorski

• Trade Count: (1)
  • I'm not smilin, i'm gassy!
Re: how to bind a tx to the rx
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2010, 11:26:11 AM »
I don't know what brand you have, but spektrum uses a bind plug in the Rx and there is a button on the Tx.
I'll have to find my manual to remember the sequence. :WOW
 Mike.
Fly low, it keeps the gophers busy!

Offline Kerbob

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (6)
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2010, 12:19:43 PM »
Yep, we need to know the brand TX/RX you're using.

- If its a Spektrum, put the bind plug in the "Battery" slot on the RX, then plug in the RX to the battery.
- Then, with the throttle off and the bind switch held on your TX, turn your radio on.  Keep holding the Bind switch for a few seconds after you turn it on, then release it.  Where is teh bind switch? The bind switch on a Spektrum radio is either on the back of the radio or is the Buddy Box switch.
- After you release the bind switch, you'll see the light on the RX stop flashing and you should have control.

IMPORTANT.. trim out your plane visually then RE-BIND.
When you bind on a Spektrum, you are also setting the failsafe settings in case you lose signal.  So, if you've bound the plane with whacky throws, that's what you'll get when you lose signal or when you first plug in your plane.
JR X9303 2.4Ghz   Walkera Devo 12s Futaba 9Cap 72Mhz and 433MHZ/500mW   HAM:KK4ASH

Offline ARMY1278

« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2010, 12:48:09 PM »
when you refer to the bind plug which one is that,the bind button is right next to the norm and rev panel

Offline EricJ320

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (4)
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2010, 05:03:35 PM »
The bind plug is a small servo type connector that must be plugged into the rx to bind it, but they are only used on Spektrum and JR radios.  My guess is, if the tx and rx came with the plane, it's a proprietary system, first you will need to identify the brand, and then search for a manual, if it didn't come with it.  Of course, if it came with a manual, look there first.
Eric
Airtroncis 2.4Ghz FHSS

http://www.rcfoamy.com/

Offline Kerbob

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2010, 06:44:39 PM »
Here's a pretty decent video on the process:

JR X9303 2.4Ghz   Walkera Devo 12s Futaba 9Cap 72Mhz and 433MHZ/500mW   HAM:KK4ASH

Offline ARMY1278

« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2010, 03:27:12 PM »
I WENT HOME AND FOUND THE BIND PLUG DID WHAT YOU GUYS SAID AND IT SEEMS TO WORK IM GOING TO TRY IT OUT IN MY F-86 SABRE AFTER WORK I DID A SYSTEMS CHECK EVERYTHING RESPONDED  SO WISH ME LUCK LOL !!!!!!!!!!!!
THANKS AGAIN GUYS
ARMY1278

Offline TCCobra13

• Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2010, 08:11:36 PM »
thats good. i had the same issue with my exceed rc TX and Rx and it would not stay binded but finally got it 2 work
"I have seen Top Gun and it really doesn't look that hard. "

Offline ARMY1278

« Reply #8 on: May 28, 2010, 01:50:44 PM »
i got everything but the throttle working ,its an airfield dsss d4 i followed the video seems when i shut it off and hook it back up its lost the memory  any thoughts?
thanks
army 1278

Offline Kerbob

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: May 28, 2010, 02:57:08 PM »
Are you removing the bind plug after you bind?  The bind plug should only be inserted during the bind process.  After the bind is done, you pull out the bind plug before you unplug the battery.

I'm thinking what might be happening is that, if you leave the bind plug in, when you power it back on, it thinks its supposed to bind again and clears its memory.  Its a theory.